Remark! Ltd is one of the largest Deaf-led companies in the UK. Remark! Training has been providing high-quality BSL training with friendly, qualified Deaf tutors for over twelve years. We offer a variety of training including Signature accredited courses from BSL Level 1 to BSL Level 6 and also Interpreter courses and workshops.
Overall Purpose of the Job
We are looking for a professional CSW/Administrator to support our BSL Tutors in delivering training for Signature accredited Level 2 courses, Deaf Awareness Workshops, Level 2 refresher workshops, Interpreting Workshops and any other courses as required.
Remark! In House BSL Tutor
Remark! Ltd is one of the largest Deaf-led companies in the UK. Remark! Training has been providing high-quality BSL training with friendly, qualified Deaf tutors for over twelve years. We offer a variety of training – the majority of which is Signature accredited courses from BSL Level 1 to BSL Level 6 and also Interpreter courses and workshops.
Overall Purpose of the Job
This role will primarily focus on BSL Level 1, BSL Tasters and Deaf Awareness workshops. You will be providing outstanding guidance and support for students in a positive and inspiring learning culture.
The Tutor will also be required to provide cover or support the team with BSL Level 2, bespoke company training, tutorials, Family signing sessions and other workshops or courses as required held both at Remark! Leather Lane and externally within London as required.
Remark! In House BSL Interpreter
Remark! Interpreting is a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreting agency with a difference. We are Deaf-run, Deaf-led and we put back into the Deaf community. We have an expanding team of both in-house and freelance interpreters. All interpreters receive free training opportunities (via our accredited in- house training division), feedback, supervision and mentoring. Working with us provides the opportunity to experience a wide range of interpreting settings including medical bookings, in-work support, PIP/CHDA bookings, education, legal and court settings(depending on experience and qualification status).
We are looking to recruit a full time Interpreter (RSLI, or TSLI) to work in and around London.
We value our in-house interpreters and offer a host of benefits to ensure professional development and a work life balance:
- Free mentoring every month with our in-house mentor supporting your CPD Points
- Free access to interpreting workshops supporting your CPD Points
- Courses to gain your Registered Sign Language Interpreter status if required
- NRCPD Registration fees paid for you
- London travel card covering Zones 1 to 6 (7 days a week)
- Weekly assignments organised
- Annual Leave: 29 days per annum (including bank holidays) with one additional day added per year up to 33 days
- Overtime opportunities
- We are happy to consider periods of sabbatical/longer leave requests, so you can enjoy lifetime opportunities
- Two days out per year for our Summer and Christmas events as well as many social activities throughout the year
- Be part of a supportive, friendly team with a family feel
Remark! Living Support Worker
Remark! Living support Deaf people with a wide range of additional needs or disabilities to help them to continue to live independently. Our specialist support workers are Deaf themselves and serve as role models for the clients they support. We are seeking new Support Workers to join our friendly and busy Living team.
- Support young people with life choices
- Accompany to arranged trips and outings
- Travel training
- Offer information and support on drugs, alcohol, sex and other teenage issues
- Support with education or returning to education
- Support with transition from school to college or college to work
- Facilitate social opportunities and enable meeting of deaf peers
- Help them understand more about the deaf community and their deaf identity
- Provide information on life skills and budgeting