Remark! is an innovative and exciting Deaf-led organisation. We take pride in the fact BSL is part of our everyday working culture and is ingrained into our working practice.
We offer five different services catering for the Deaf community; Remark! Interpreting, Remark! Living, Remark! Training, Remark! Access and Remark! Events.
We also have Remark! Community, our charity arm, which supports Deaf children, youths and older people to lead a better quality of life.
We are a busy bunch and are hugely passionate about what we do.
We are looking for a CSW/Administrator to support the Service Managers in the smooth and efficient management of company-wide functions, provide communication support and have the ability to contribute to key decisions that affect the company.
Remark! In House BSL Interpreter
Remark! Interpreting is a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreting agency with a difference. We are Deaf-run, Deaf-led and we put back into the Deaf community. We have an expanding team of both in-house and freelance interpreters. All interpreters receive free training opportunities (via our accredited in- house training division), feedback, supervision and mentoring. Working with us provides the opportunity to experience a wide range of interpreting settings including medical bookings, in-work support, PIP/CHDA bookings, education, legal and court settings(depending on experience and qualification status).
We are looking to recruit a full time Interpreter (RSLI, or TSLI) to work in and around London.
We value our in-house interpreters and offer a host of benefits to ensure professional development and a work life balance:
- Free mentoring every month with our in-house mentor supporting your CPD Points
- Free access to interpreting workshops supporting your CPD Points
- Courses to gain your Registered Sign Language Interpreter status if required
- London travel card covering Zones 1 to 6 (7 days a week)
- Your weekly assignments organised for you
- Annual Leave: 29 days per annum (including bank holidays) with one additional day added per year up to 33 days
- Overtime opportunities
- We are happy to consider periods of sabbatical/longer leave requests, so you can enjoy lifetime opportunities
- Two days out per year for our Summer and Christmas events as well as many social activities throughout the year
- Be part of a supportive, friendly team with a family feel
Remark! Living Support Worker
Remark! Living support Deaf people with a wide range of additional needs or disabilities to help them to continue to live independently. Our specialist support workers are Deaf themselves and serve as role models for the clients they support. We are seeking new Support Workers to join our friendly and busy Living team.
- Support young people with life choices
- Accompany to arranged trips and outings
- Travel training
- Offer information and support on drugs, alcohol, sex and other teenage issues
- Support with education or returning to education
- Support with transition from school to college or college to work
- Facilitate social opportunities and enable meeting of deaf peers
- Help them understand more about the deaf community and their deaf identity
- Provide information on life skills and budgeting