Our Youth Mentors work with young Deaf people to guide and support them with making positive life choices. Our Youth Mentors often serve as positive Deaf role models and they can help to prepare young Deaf people for adult life.
Youth mentoring can help young Deaf people to avoid the negative social experiences that deafness can bring. Youth Mentors work with young Deaf people to support their transition into adulthood, to help them learn life skills, to find employment or training opportunities and to build better relationships with family and peers. Their Youth Mentor will be with them throughout their transition into adulthood and can help with a range of issues, including:
- Life skills (e.g. travelling and budgeting)
- Supporting young people with important decisions and life choices
- Supporting young people at risk of crime
- Supporting young people not in education, employment or training
- Facilitating socialising opportunities with Deaf peers
- Offering information and advice on drugs, alcohol, sex and gender reassignment
- Supporting with education or returning to education
- Supporting with the transition from school to college or college to work
- Providing information about the Deaf community and the Deaf identity
Remark! Living is an outreach service that supports Deaf people with a wide range of additional needs or disabilities to help them to continue to live independently. Our specialist support workers are Deaf and serve as role models for the clients they support. We provide extensive training and supervision to all of our support workers.
We provide support workers who are trained in supporting Deaf people who are suffering from a mental health condition. Our support workers can help Deaf people with a mental health condition to continue living independently at home after being discharged from hospital or from a secure/sheltered accommodation.
Our support workers are trained and experienced in supporting Deaf people who have learning difficulties. We support Deaf people with learning difficulties to continue to live independently at home.
We provide support workers who are trained in supporting Deaf people with additional needs or a physical disability. Our support workers work with clients to help them to continue to live independently and to make their own life choices. We can support clients both at their home and within the community. We can also facilitate socialising opportunities to meet with Deaf peers, as well as supporting with finding employment and training opportunities.
End of Life
End of life care is support for people who are in the last months or years of their life. Our support workers will provide tailored high quality support, ensuring that the care plan, comfort and dignity of the client are a priority. Our support also extends to family and those close to the client.
We provide support workers who are trained in communicating with Deafblind people. We can also provide communicator guides for Deafblind people who need support with communication within the community.
Remark! Living has skilled and professional advocates to support and assist clients to manage their correspondence.
- Telephone calls
- Encourage clients with their paperwork and correspondence
- Accompany clients to the bank to assist with finance matters
- Accompany clients to medical appointments
- Accompany clients on visits and appointments such as opticians, school visits etc.
Remark! Living provides experienced BSL carers who engage with older people or disabled BSL users in later life, providing support and care in the home. We can provide a range of domiciliary services tailored to meet your needs.
We can support with:
- Bathing and dressing
- Planning and preparing meals
- Cleaning and tidying
- General household chores
- BSL befriending and helping with low self esteem/loneliness
- Reading letters and helping deal with correspondence
- Escort clients to visit relatives
We can accompany our clients out and about such as:
- Support with weekly shopping
- Dealing with banking and post office trips
- Escort to social clubs and deaf events
- Escorting on trips and outings
- Provide someone to take our clients anywhere they need such as visiting relatives
Schedule a free Consultation Now!
Say Hello! Don't be shy.